Chris Ferguson Profile
Chris “Jesus” Ferguson is one of the most recognizable faces in the poker world. He wears a black cowboy hat, and unique clothing to all of his poker outings, and his long hair and skinny frame is what led people to nickname him “Jesus.”
He graduated from UCLA with a degree in computer science and his poker game strategy involves an inordinate amount of math. This makes sense since both of his parents have doctrines in mathematics and since his father teaches math at UCLA. Chris Ferguson uses his computer science knowledge to develop computer simulations for poker.
Chris Ferguson is a poker legend, and so is his unique wardrobe, which makes it impossible for his opponents to get a single read on him. He plays poker the way the game should be played. He claims to have once turned $1 into $20,000 and $0 into $10,000 on online poker and he says he did it just to prove it could be done. His game is simple - follow the mathematical probabilities (which are easier said than done). Plus he can throw Cards fast enough to slice bananas and all sorts of other things!
Notable Wins for Chris Ferguson
- WSOP - 1995 - $1,500 Seven-Card Razz - 5th place - $10,350
- WSOP - 2000 - $10,000 World Campionship No Limit Texas Hold’em - 1st place - $1,500,000
- WSOP - 2001 - $1,500 Omaha Hi/Lo Split Eight or Better - 1st place - $164,735
- WSOP - 2003 - $2,000 Omaha hi/lo Split - 1st place - $123,680
- WSOP - 2003 - $2,000 ½ Limit Hold’em ½ Seven Card Stud - 1st place - $66,220
- WPT - 2005 - $25,000 Main Event No Limit Hold’em Championship - 9th place - $132,095
- WSOP - 2005 - $10,000 Circuit Championship Event - No Limit Hold’em - 1st place - $655,220